We are excited you are looking into the Living Well program! The six-week workshops we offer in coordination with our statewide partners have benefited thousands of participants throughout Utah since 2008. If you are interested in hosting a workshop at your location or running workshops as a Living Well partner, here are a few things to know.
- Review Program Basics and Benefits- Make sure you are familiar with the program's structure and requirements. Visit Stanford's website to learn more about the program's development and evidence-base. You can also review our website, the PowerPoint Presentation we give when first introducing the program, and summary of research showing the outcomes of the Living Well program.
- If you would like to "pilot" a workshop to decide if the program is a good fit for your organization and the population you serve, you may consider coordinating with a local partner who already implements the program and can send two of their trained Peer Leaders to run a six-week workshop for you. If this option interests you and you want to connect with a Living Well partner in your area, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also look at the workshop search to find Living Well workshops and partners in your area.
- If you are interested in becoming a Living Well implementation partner and actually lead workshops, you will need to:
Send 2-3 people from your organization, either staff or volunteers, to be trained as a Living Well Peer Leaders at the quarterly 4-day Peer Leader Trainings
Meet with Utah Arthritis Program staff to review program fidelity requirements and sign a Living Well Partner MOU in order to implement workshops under the statewide Stanford program license.
Also meet with Utah Arthritis Program staff to discuss start-up funds if available
- Living Well Partner MOU - example
- Cost Calculator - example
We are confident you will find this evidence-based program from Stanford useful in assisting your patients, clients, or community members in developing self-managment skills to help reduce their symptoms and increase their confidence and quality of life. We look forward to connecting with you and partnering with you!