Welcome to the Utah Asthma Program!
Utah communities working together to improve the
quality of life for people with asthma.
Springtime Allergies and Asthma
Asthma and allergies often go hand in hand. Breathing in pollen can cause an asthma attack. These tips can help you manage asthma during the springtime allergy season:
- Most pollen is released between 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Keep outdoor activities to a minimum during this time.
- Keep your windows at home and in the car closed. Use air conditioning when possible.
- Keep bedroom windows closed during pollen season.
- Take medications as prescribed by your physician. It is easier to prevent allergy symptoms than treat them.
- New! Tobacco Quit Line Report
- Air quality Recess Guidance
- Help paying for asthma medicine
- Little Breathers (Asthma in ages 0-4) (Español)
|Air quality: Recess guidance (winter inversions), Ozone Recommendations for outdoor activity (summertime).|