Recommendations for Outdoor Physical Activity During Ozone Season (May-September)
The Utah Departments of Health and Environmental Quality, in cooperation with other community partners, have teamed up to develop recommendations for outdoor physical activity in the summertime that avoid unhealthy exposure to summertime ozone air pollution.
- The best time for outdoor summer physical activity is before noon or after 6:00 pm.
- If you are physically active between noon and 6:00 pm:
- Consider light to moderate activity (i.e., walking instead of running),
- Consider indoor activities.
- Discuss physical activities with your doctor, especially if you have a lung disease or heart condition.
Recommendations for Outdoor Physical Activities During Ozone Season (May-September) - More information on the recommedations
Fact Sheets and Resources
- Recommendations for Outdoor Physical Activities During Ozone Season (May-September)
- Symptom Tracking Sheet - A sheet to assist in tracking ozone levels and your symptoms to plan physical activity.
- Check Today's Air Quality
- Freqently Asked Questions
- Where does pollution come from?
- Tracking pollution
- My lungs and Pollution