The Utah Department of Health has submitted an amendment to the CHIP State Plan. This amendment gives CHIP enrollees the option of using their adjusted gross income (AGI) from their most recent Utah State tax return as income verification and changes the collection of CHIP quarterly premiums from the Department of Health to the Department of Workforce Services. The proposed changes are subject to Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services approval..
  Only an Eligibility Worker can determine if you qualify. But, you might be interested in these policy updates.
  The CHIP Policy Manual is available online!
  Has Your Child Been Covered by Medicaid but No Longer Qualifies?
  If your child no longer qualifies for Medicaid, he/she may be eligible for CHIP. Please contact your eligibility worker for more information or visit your local eligibility office.
  CHIP Premiums
  CHIP requires co-pays for non-preventive services as well as premiums of up to $75 per family every three months. The amount of the premium varies depending on family size and income. No family on CHIP will be required to spend more than five percent of their family's income on premiums, co-pays, and other covered services over a the course of a plan year, this means 365 days from when you enroll/renew. American Indians do not have to pay premiums or co-pays for services.
  The Department of Workforce Service (DWS) Business Office will send an invoice when your premiums are due. You will receive a new invoice every three (3) months, starting with the first month that your child enrolled in CHIP. If your premiums are not paid and your CHIP coverage is going to be canceled, you will be notified. Families with closed accounts for non-payment may come back onto CHIP if they pay within 30 days. Once benefits are canceled you will have to pay the past due balance before re-applying.
  To pay your CHIP premium or if you have a premium question, please call the DWS Business Office (Monday - Friday, 8a.m. - 5 p.m.) at 1-866-435-7414 and select option 5.
  Having a Baby or Adopting?
  If you already have kids on CHIP, but you are having or adopting another baby, call your eligibility worker to see if your new child qualifies for CHIP. Contact your eligibility worker at your local eligibility office.
  Civil Rights:
  If you believe you have been improperly denied a service or benefit because of your disability, age, sex, religion, race, color or national origin, you may contact the State to file a complaint. Even if you choose not to file a complaint with the State you still may file a written complaint with the Federal Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Federal Office Building, 1961 Stout Street, Room 1426, Denver, CO 80294-3538. Or you may contact the Federal Office for Civil Rights by phone (303) 844-2024 or online.


links to adobe pdf reader