Diabetes 101 Training
The Diabetes Basic Training, previously held in Provo, Utah in October, has been merged with the Diabetes Update Conference. Now named the Diabetes 101 Training, it is co-sponsored by the American Association of Diabetes Educators, Utah Chapter.
This introductory training on diabetes care is designed for social workers, physical therapists, medical assistants, health educators, community health representatives, as well as entry-level nurses, dietitians, and pharmacists.
- Time: Friday, November 9, 2012
7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Place: Larry Miller Campus, Salt Lake Community College
9750 South 300 West, Sandy, Utah 84070
- Price: $65
- Topics Include:
- Introduction to Diabetes Self-Management,
- Complications and Co-morbidities
- Diabetes Medications and Devices
- Interpreting and Applying the Results of Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose
- The Plate Method (Diabetes Update General Session)
- The Emotional Challenge of Diabetes Care (Keynote Address)
- CEUs: 5 hours for nurses, dietitians, and others
- Financial Assistance: To apply, follow the instructions on the Diabetes 101 Financial Assistance Application by October 9, 2012
- Meals: Breakfast and lunch will be provided
- Registration: Visit www.myaadenetwork.org/utah and click on "Update Conference"
- Questions: Call 801-538-6141 or email@example.com
Diabetes Update Conference
- Information available soon.