Conferences, Courses & Seminars
Conference, Courses & Seminars Offered
- EMS Certification Courses: Courses to prepare for becoming an EMT-Basic, EMT-Intermediate, EMT-Intermediate Advanced, Paramedic, or Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD).
- Training Courses and Seminars: Courses and seminars for new and continuing EMS instructors, EMS course coordinators, EMS training officers, and EMS medical directors.
- Leadership Conference: Annual conference for administrators of emergency services agencies, co-sponsored by the Bureau of EMS and the Department of Public Safety Division of Homeland Security.
- Disaster Life Support Courses: Basic and advanced courses on improving the care and coordination of response in WMD disaster and public health emergencies.
- Emergency Medical Services for Children (EMSC) Courses: Courses include Pediatric Education for Prehospital Professionals (PEPP); Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS); Pediatric Respiratory Emergencies CME Training; Pediatric Immobilization CME Training; and Broselow Training.
- Prehospital Data Conference: Conference held in September for EMS agencies, hospitals, billers, and software vendors who are involved with creating or using prehospital data.
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) Courses: Case-based trauma life support courses for all emergency medical services personnel, including EMTs, paramedics, nurses, and physicians.
- Utah Trauma Network (UTN) Conference: Conference held annually to increase the knowledge and expertise of the health care professionals that care for trauma patients.
- Northern Utah Trauma System (NUTS) Conference: Conference held annually to increase the knowledge and expertise of the health care professionals that care for trauma patients in Northern Utah.
Updated February 10, 2014