Training Courses and Seminars
Important Information Regarding EMS Course Coordinators, Instructors and Training Officers
Please Read Before Continuing
In order to provide more appropriate training of the Utah EMS Course Coordinators, Instructors, and Training Officers, the Bureau of EMS has made the following changes:
- The New Course Coordinator Course will no longer be held in conjunction with the Semi Annual Instructor Seminar. The New Course Coordinator Course will be held at the EMS, Dept. of Health Offices.
- The New Training Officer Course will no longer be held in conjunction with the Semi Annual Instructor Seminar. The New Training Officer Course will be held at the EMS, Dept. of Health Offices.
- The Current Course Coordinator and Current Training Officer Seminars will still be held in conjunction with the Semi Annual Instructor Seminar on Thursday.
- The Semi Annual Instructor Seminar schedule will change to the following:
- Friday will be strictly Instructor Skills Enhancement
- Saturday will be several choices of provider specific trainings that you will be able to sign up for on Friday
If you have questions or comments regarding these changes, please contact Dennis Bang at 801-273-6626 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to suggest topics for the Saturday sessions, please contact Cindy Huish at 801-273-6629 or email@example.com.
Full payment must be received prior to certification.
One of the following types of payment must be made:
- A check or money order for the full amount of all courses being registered for (may be mailed or hand-delivered), OR
Agency purchase order (will not be certified until this invoice is paid in full) OR
- A full cash payment (must be hand-delivered), OR
- Complete credit card information (call Cindy Huish 801-273-6629 with credit card information).
Payment and required documents must be received in our office no later than 5:00 pm on the deadline. U-Train registrations must be completed prior to 5:00 pm on the deadline. Any registrations or documents received after the registration deadline will be charged an additional $25 per course/seminar.
Registration for all courses/seminars will be on UTrain (www.utah.train.org). If you have not already done so, you will need to create a free account.
If you need assistance with creating a U-Train account, please contact Cindy Huish at 801-273-6629.
Directions for registering for a course/seminar on U-Train:
- After you have created an account, sign into U-Train and search for the course number listed on the Bureau of EMS Web site.
- Read the course details to ensure you are registering for the correct course/seminar.
- Click the "registration" tab.
- Click "get approval."
- Documents may be e-mailed to Cindy Huish at firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 801-237-0782.
- Payments may be mailed to:
Bureau of EMS and Preparedness
Attn: Cindy Huish
PO Box 142004
Salt Lake City UT 84114-2004
- You will receive an email once the registration process is complete.
Participants cancelling at least two weeks prior to the start of a course or seminar will receive a full refund.
Fees paid for courses or seminars WILL NOT be refunded if the cancellation is made less than two weeks prior to the start of a course or seminar, or the student is a "no-show".
Upcoming Courses and Seminars
Course dates, costs, requirements, and applications:
Questions? Contact Cindy Huish at email@example.com or 801-273-6629.
Updated November 15, 2013