Training Courses and Seminars
New EMS Instructor Course for Currently-certified Fire Instructors
Dates, Location, and Cost
Date: January 15, 2013
Location: Layton Fire Department, 530 N 2200 W, Layton
This course is for currently-certified Fire Instructors only
- Must be currently certified in Utah as an EMD, EMR, EMT, AEMT, EMT-I, EMT-IA, or Paramedic (you must submit a front and back copy of your certification card with your application).
- Must be a currently certified Fire Instructor I or Fire Instructor II (you must submit a copy of your Fire Instructor certificate).
- Submit three (3) letters of recommendation outlining and describing your EMS skills and teaching abilities.
- Submit documentation to verify you have fifteen (15) hours of instruction experience.
- Submit documentation to verify that you have provided thirty (30) hours of actual patient care within the past year prior to application (EMT, EMT-I, EMT-IA, or Paramedic only).
- Complete U-Train registration (see link below) and submit all required documents prior to the due date.
- Incomplete registrations will be denied.
- Documents may be e-mailed to Riki Rice at firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 801-237-0773.
Applications will be accepted until the course is full.
- Register on U-Train—Fire Instructor only (Course ID 1025959).
- Submit supporting documentation (see instructions on U-Train course page).
Questions? Contact Riki Rice at email@example.com or 801-273-6631.
Updated October 12, 2012