Ogden Defense Depot
Odgen Defense Depot is a 1,139 acre installation at 1200 South Tomlinson Road, northwest of the city of Ogden. Activated in 1941, it served as a warehousing and distribution facility. At one time it stored and distributed food, clothing, petroleum products, as well as medical, industrial, construction and electronic supplies to military installations and other federal agencies.
As a result of the soil and groundwater contamination, Ogden Defense Depot was placed on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) National Priorities List (NPL) for hazardous waste sites on July 1, 1987.
Clean up processes included grounwater pump and treat systems, a chleaunup of chemical-warfare material, and debris removed from the site.
A Public Health Assessment (PHA) was conducted for the site. The PHA was completed in 1992.
- Public Health Assessment
- The PHA evaluated the potential for long-term health impacts in the community.
- Ogden Defense Depot poses no apparent public health hazard.