Environmental Health program is responsible for monitoring residential, institutional and recreational environments for environmental health hazards, developing policy, providing training and technical assistance, establishing statewide priorities, assuring the quality of environmental health services and assisting state and local agencies in identifying and addressing environmental health issues.
Local Health Departments
Local health departments are responsible to inspect public facilities to ensure sanitation and safety of these facilities. They handle the applications for various permits, issue food handler permits, respond to public complaints, and enforce possible violations. For more information on the environmental health rules and regulations in your local area, click the appropriate link below.
- Bear River Health Department
- Central Utah Public Health
- Davis County Health Department
- Salt Lake County Health Department
- San Juan County
- Southeastern Utah District Health Department
- Southwest Utah Public Health Department
- Summit County Health Department
- Tooele County Health Department
- TriCounty Health Department
- Utah County Health Department
- Wasatch County Health Department
- Weber-Morgan Health Department