Choosing and Working With a Professional Pest Control Company
Bed bug infestations usually require the services of a well-trained, licensed pest management professional, also called exterminators.
There are many pest control companies and licensed pest professionals in Utah. But not all are well trained in managing
bed bugs. To get rid of bed bugs, you must choose the right company, be clear about what you want done, and monitor performance.
Below are some tips to consider in choosing a good professional:
- Find a company through dependable referrals, directories, and professional associations and check to make sure they are licensed.
- Interview several companies before choosing. Ask about their training, and their approach to controlling bed bugs. Management of bed bugs is different from management of other common pests.
- Agree on a service plan and its cost. Expect at least two treatment visits and a third follow-up visit to confirm that bed bugs have been eliminated. Severe infestations or cluttered apartments or houses may take more visits to eliminate bed bugs.
- A reputable company will inspect your property before giving you a price quote or beginning any pesticide application.
- A reputable company will give you a written inspection report, and an action plan of how to prepare for treatment and prevent further infestation.
- A reputable company will base quotes on inspection findings, not flat fees.
- A reputable company will visit often until the job is done.
- A reputable company will employ well-qualified, well-trained pest management professionals.
- A reputable company will educate you on how to prevent bed bugs.
- A reputable company will work with you until the bed bugs are gone.
- A reputable company will treat you with respect.
- National Pest Management Association (NPMA) - Bed Bug Best Management Practices:
- For Consumers
- For Professional Pest Management Companies