Bed bug infestations usually require the services of a well-trained, licensed pest management professional, also called exterminators.
There are many pest control companies and licensed pest professionals in Utah. But not all are well trained in managing bed bugs. To get rid of bed bugs, you must choose the right company, be clear about what you want done, and monitor performance.
Below are some tips to consider in choosing a good professional:
- Find a company through dependable referrals, directories, and professional associations and check to make sure they are licensed.
- Interview several companies before choosing. Ask about their training, and their approach to controlling bed bugs. Management of bed bugs is different from management of other common pests.
- Agree on a service plan and its cost. Expect at least two treatment visits and a third follow-up visit to confirm that bed bugs have been eliminated. Severe infestations or cluttered apartments or houses may take more visits to eliminate bed bugs.
- A good company will inspect your property before giving you a price quote or beginning any pesticide application.
- A good company will give you a written inspection report, and an action plan of how to prepare for treatment and prevent further infestation.
- A good company will base quotes on inspection findings, not flat fees.
- A good company will visit often until the job is done.
- A good company will employ well-qualified, well-trained pest management professionals.
- A good company will educate you on how to prevent bed bugs.
- A good company will work with you until the bed bugs are gone.
- A good company will treat you with respect.