Information for the Media
The overall objectives of the Bureau of Epidemiology are to reduce communicable/infectious disease outbreaks and provide systematic and ongoing collection, analysis, evaluation, and dissemination of epidemiologic data.
The Bureau of Epidemiology collaborates with local health departments, private healthcare providers, the Unified State Laboratories: Public Health and other partners to conduct disease investigations and surveillance of infectious diseases that are reportable in Utah. The Bureau has the capacity to respond to events such as bioterrorism threats or an influenza pandemic.
- Cryptosporidiosis Weekly Summary
- Influenza Weekly Summary
- Pertussis Weekly Summary
- West Nile Virus Weekly Summary
- Bureau of Epidemiology Data & Statistics
- Utah Department of Health News
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention News
- Utah Local Health Departments
- Freedom of Informaton Act (Centers for Disease Control & Prevention; Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry)
- National Health Observances
To contact the Bureau of Epidemiology, please call or e-mail us Monday - Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Mtn. Standard Time.
- Phone: 801-538-6191
- Fax: 801-538-9923
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 24-hour on-call: Utah Department of Health Media Line: 801-209-2591