- Quick Links
- How Do I ...
How Do I ...
- Report Medicaid fraud, waste or abuse?
- File a Notice of Commencement of Paternity Proceeding form?
- Order a birth or death certificate?
- Report a communicable disease?
- Report a foodborne illness?
- Find help quitting tobacco?
- Apply for WIC benefits?
- Get a copy of my, or my child's, immunization records?
- Protect myself from West Nile virus?
- Safely dispose of my unused prescription medications?
- Become certified, or recertify, as an EMT or paramedic?
- Apply for, or renew, my health professional license?
- Know if my health care provider's license is in good standing?
- Know if my child care provider is licensed?
- Find information about health care facilities, like hospitals and nursing homes?
- Find health information in multiple languages?
Executive Director's Office
The mission of the Utah Department of Health is to protect the public's health through preventing avoidable illness, injury, disability and premature death; assuring access to affordable, quality health care; and promoting healthy lifestyles.
W. David Patton, Ph.D.
PO Box 141000
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-1000
Disease Control and Prevention
The mission of the Division of Disease Control and Prevention is to rapidly detect and investigate communicable diseases and environmental health hazards, provide prevention-focused education, and institute control measures to reduce and prevent the impact of disease.
Teresa Garrett, RN, MS
PO Box 142102
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2102
Family Health and Preparedness
The mission of the Division of Family Health and Preparedness is to assure care for many of Utah's most vulnerable citizens. The division accomplishes this through programs designed to provide direct services, and to be prepared to serve all populations that may suffer the adverse health impacts of a disaster, be it man-made or natural.
Marc Babitz, MD
PO Box 142002
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2002
Medicaid and Health Financing
The mission of the Division of Medicaid and Health Financing is to provide access to quality, cost-effective health care for eligible Utahns.
Michael Hales, MPA
PO Box 143101
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-3101
Health Data & Informatics
The mission of the Center for Health Data and Informatics is to provide accurate, timely health information to monitor health status, assess the performance of the health care system, identify health threats, document health events, and guide health and health care decisions.
Wu Xu, Ph.D.
PO Box 141019
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-1019