Arbovirus PCR Panel
Fee:please refer to fee schedule
Arbovirus PCR panel is for qualitative detection of West Nile virus (WNV), Western Equine Encephalitis virus (WEE) and Saint Louis Encephalitis virus (SLE) in mosquito pools.
Tuesday – Friday depending on season.
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
Up to 7 days
- Collect: Mosquitos = 10-100 insects, pooled by species
- Specimen Preparation: Place mosquitoes in 2 milliliter snap cap tube.
- Storage/Transport Conditions:Keep at 2-8 degrees C.
- Unacceptable Conditions: Unlabeled or empty tubes
- Remarks: Record location and date of collection, mosquito species, and number of insects per tube
- Stability: Keep at 2-8 degrees C.
Detected or Not Detected
West Nile virus detected or not detected. Western Equine Encephalitis virus detected or not detected. Saint Louis Encephalitis virus detected or not detected.
Saint Louis Encephalitis Virus PCR West Nile Virus PCR Western Equine Encephalitis Virus PCR Mosquito Pool Test Request Form