West Nile Virus
Fee: Please refer to fee schedule
West Nile Virus (WNV) PCR is for qualitative detection of West Nile virus in mosquito pools.
Tuesday – Friday depending on season.
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
Up to 7 days
- Collect:Mosquitos = 10-100 insects, pooled by species
- Specimen Preparation: Place mosquitoes in 2 milliliter snap cap Eppendorf micro tube.
- Storage/Transport Conditions:Keep at 2 – 8 degrees C.
- Unacceptable Conditions: unlabeled or empty tubes
- Remarks:Record location and date of collection. Species of source animal. Number of insects per tube
- Stability: Mosquitoes must be received at UPHL within 48 hours of collection.
Detected or Not Detected
West Nile virus detected or not detected.
Arbovirus PCR Panel
Saint Louis Encephalitis Virus PCR
Western Equine Encephalitis Virus PCR