Chlamydia trachomatis & Neisseria gonorrhea
Fee: Please refer to fee schedule
Monday - Friday
Qualitative Transcription-mediated Amplification (NAAT)
- Collect: Endocervical, pharyngeal, rectal, or vaginal swab, first catch urine, or male urethral swabs. Collect in Aptima Combo 2 Assay transport media.
- Specimen Preparation: Transfer swab or urine to Aptima Combo 2 transport media. (Min: 2mL urine).
- Storage/Transport Conditions: Refrigerated or Ambient. Specimen must be received in our lab within 30 days of collection
- Unacceptable Conditions: Large white swab is for preparatory cleaning of the endocervix and is unacceptable for testing. Specimens in any transport media other than indicated above. Specimen in swab transport media without a swab.
- Remarks: Sample must be labeled with patient�s full name or unique ID number, and collection date.
- Swab in APTIMA Transport Media: Ambient: 2 months; Refrigerated: 2 months; Frozen: 12 months
- Urine in APTIMA Transport Media: Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 12 months
Negative, Positive, or Equivocal