Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Culture
Fee: Please refer to fee schedule
Monday - Friday
Shell Vial, FA staining
- Collect: Bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL), throat swab, tissue, or urine
- Specimen Preparation:
- Fluid: Transfer to sterile, leak-proof container (2mL). Transfer to virual transport media.
- Swabs or Tissue: Place in viral transport media (M4)
- Storage/Transport Conditions: Refrigerated. Specimen must be received in our lab within 72 hours of collection.
- Unacceptable Conditions: CSF, rectal swab, stool, calcium alginate, dry, or wood swabs.
- Remarks: Place each specimen in a separate, individually sealed bag.
Negative or Positive