Hantavirus IgG & IgM
Fee: Please refer to fee schedule
Enzyme-linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA)
- Collect: Minimum of 1 mL serum. Collect in Vaccutainer tube (gold, tiger or red top only).
- Specimen Preparation: Allow blood to completely clot, spin at 3200 rpm for 10 minutes to remove lipids and bacterial contaminants. You may submit the blood sample as is if you do not have a centrifuge. Do not freeze whole blood.
- Storage/Transport Conditions: Room temperature or refrigerated (do not freeze). Specimen must be received in our lab within 7 days of collection.
- Unacceptable Conditions: Frozen
- Remarks: Sample must be labeled with patient�s full name or unique ID number, and collection date.
Negative, indeterminate, or positive
This test is for antibodies to Sin Nombre Virus the causative agent of Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome