Hepatitis B Surface Antibody
Fee: Please refer to fee schedule
Chemiluminescent Microparticle Immunoassay (CMIA). Performed on the Abbott Architect.
- Collect: Minimum of 1 mL serum. Collect in Vaccutainer tube (gold, tiger or red top only).
- Specimen Preparation: Allow blood to completely clot, spin at 1100 x g for 10 minutes to remove lipids and bacterial contaminants. You may submit the blood sample as if you do not have a centrifuge. Do not freeze whole blood.
- Storage/Transport Conditions: Room temperature or refrigerated (do not freeze). Must be received in our lab within 7 days of collection.
- Unacceptable Conditions: Frozen
- Remarks: Sample must be labeled with patient�s full name or unique ID number, and collection date.
Negative, indeterminate, or positive
Performance has not been established for the use of cadaveric specimens�
Hepatitis B Surface Antigen (HBsAg)