Hepatitis C virus Qualitative RNA
Fee: Please refer to fee schedule
- Collect: Minimum of 1 mL serum. Collect in Vaccutainer tube (gold, tiger or red top only).
- Specimen Preparation: Allow blood to completely clot, spin at 1100 x g for 10 minutes. If you do not have a centrifuge, you may submit whole blood within 24 hours. Do not freeze whole blood.
- Storage/Transport Conditions: Must be received in our lab within 24 hours of collection if room temperature, 72 hours if refrigerated. If serum is removed to a seperate tube, it may be frozen for 7 days.
- Unacceptable Conditions: Frozen whole blood
- Remarks: Sample must be labeled with patient�s full name or unique ID number, and collection date.
Detected, or Undetected
Test used as a confirmation to positive rapid tests or antibody screens.