HIV Antigen/Antibody Combo
Fee: Please refer to fee schedule
Chemiluminescent Microparticle Immunoassay (CMIA). Performed on the Abbott Architect.
- Collect: Minimum of 2 mL serum. Collect in Vaccutainer tube (gold, tiger or red top only).
- Specimen Preparation: Allow blood to completely clot, spin at 1100 x g for 10 minutes to remove lipids and bacterial contaminants. You may submit the blood sample as if you do not have a centrifuge. Do not freeze whole blood.
- Storage/Transport Conditions: Room temperature or refrigerated (do not freeze). Must be received in our lab within 5 days of collection.
- Unacceptable Conditions: Frozen, OraSure samples
- Remarks: Sample must be labeled with patient's full name or unique ID number, and collection date.
Non-reactive, Indeterminate, Reactive with Multispot confirmation results.
All specimens that are CMIA repeatedly reactive are automatically confirmed by Bio-Rad Multispot which has a fee of $60.
Indeterminate Multispot results will be sent for NAAT confirmation.
If you are concerned or would like more information about HIV or AIDS please contact the department of Epidemiology at 801-538-6096 or the SL County STD Clinic at 801-534-4572.