Fee: Please refer to fee schedule
Monday - Friday
Qualitative Transcription-mediated Amplification (NAAT)
- Collect: Endocervical or vaginal swab specimens, or PreservCyt liquid Pap specimens.
- Specimen Preparation:
- Swabs: Transfer swab into Aptima Combo 2 transport media.
- Pap Specimens: Transfer 1 mL of the ThinPrep liquid specimen into an APTIMA Specimen Transfer tube (supplied by Utah Public Health Lab).
- Storage/Transport Conditions: Refrigerated or Ambient. Specimen must be received in our lab within 30 days of collection
- Unacceptable Conditions: Large white swab is for preparatory cleaning of the endocervix and is unacceptable for testing. Specimens in any transport media other than indicated above. Specimen in swab transport media without a swab. ThinPrep Pap Test vials containing PreservCyt Solution that have not been transferred into the APTIMA Specimen Transfer tube.
- Remarks: Sample must be labeled with patient's full name or unique ID number, and collection date.
- Swab in APTIMA Transport Media: Ambient: 2 months; Refrigerated: 2 months; Frozen: 12 months�
- Specimen in Thin Prep liquid Ambient: 30 days; Refrigerated: 30 days
- 1mL ThinPrep liquid transferred into APTIMA Transfer tube: Ambient: 2 months; Refrigerated: 2 months; Frozen: 24 months
Negative, Positive, or Invalid