Access to safe, healthy child care for Utah families.
To support working parents by protecting the health and safety of children in regulated child care programs. This is accomplished by:
- Establishing and enforcing health and safety standards for child care programs.
- Training and supporting providers in meeting the established health and safety standards.
- Providing the public with accurate information about regulated child care.
- - - - - - - - WORKS BEST WHEN USING CHROME OR FIREFOX - - - - - - - -
WHAT'S NEW? ...AND MORE.
Click purple links to learn more about the topic.
- Proposed Rule Changes for Public Comment
There are proposed rule changes that are open for public comment from February 15, 2016 until March 14, 2016.
- Utah Early Childhood Conference
Save the date! The 41st annual Utah Early Childhood Conference will be on March 5, 2015 at Murray High School. There is an Early Bird Registration Rate until January 15th.
- How to Access the Licensing Provider Portal
This is a flow chart to walk you through the process of accessing the Child Care Licensing Portal through the Care About Childcare website.
- How to Submit a Background Screening Form Online
Here are step-by-step instructions for the NEW Online Submission Process for Background Screening Forms.
- Inspections of Outdoor Areas
Starting January 1, 2016, providers will no longer have separate inspections of their outdoor areas. Outdoor areas will be assessed at Announced and Unannounced Inspections.
- How to Renew Your License Online
Here are step-by-step instructions for the NEW Child Care Licensing Online License/Certificate Renewal Process.
- Enterovirus D68
Cases of Enterovirus D68 have been reported across the country and more cases are being reported daily. This virus is affecting mostly young children. Children who have contracted the virus will exhibit cold or flu-like symptoms and may have respiratory problems. Proper hand washing is the best way to protect children and reduce the number of new cases.