Access to safe, healthy child care for Utah families.
To support working parents by protecting the health and safety of children in regulated child care programs. This is accomplished by:
- Establishing and enforcing health and safety standards for child care programs.
- Training and supporting providers in meeting the established health and safety standards.
- Providing the public with accurate information about regulated child care.
- - - - - - - - WORKS BEST WHEN USING CHROME OR FIREFOX - - - - - - - -
WHAT'S NEW? ...AND MORE.
Click purple links to learn more about the topic.
- How to Access the Licensing Provider Portal
A flow chart to walk you through the process of accessing the Child Care Licensing Portal through the Care About Childcare website.
- How to Renew Your License Online
Step-by-step instructions on the NEW Child Care Licensing Online Renewal Process.
- How to Submit a Background Screening Form Online
Step-by-step instructions on the NEW Online Submission Process for Backround Screening Forms.
- Child Care Licensing Portal
You should have received a post card about the Child Care Licensing Portal. Click on the purple link to see the information that was on that post card.
- New Fingerprint Processing Fee
On February 1, 2015, the fee for processing fingerprints changed from $36.50 to $34.75. This is due to an adjustment to the fee schedule of the FBI's Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division. This means you must include a payment of $34.75 with each fingerprint card you submit.
- Enterovirus D68
Cases of Enterovirus D68 have been reported across the country and more cases are being reported daily. This virus is affecting mostly young children. Children who have contracted the virus will exhibit cold or flu-like symptoms and may have respiratory problems. Proper hand washing is the best way to protect children and reduce the number of new cases. Click on the above purple link for more information.