How to SubmitBackground Check Forms,Fingerprints, & Fees
Covered individuals are those required to have Child Care Licensing (CCL) background checks. To get a CCL background check, the covered individual is to: 1. Go to childcarelicensing.utah.gov, the Background Checks tab, and click "Background Check Form". 2. Complete and submit the Background Check Form to the provider. (For covered individuals younger than 18 years old, this is to be done by a parent or guardian.) 3. When instructed by the provider to do so, pay applicable fees to CCL:
- The $20.00 Background Check Fee, EXCEPT when associated with a Family, Friend, & Neighbor Approval.
- The $33.25 Fingerprint Fee, when required to submit fingerprints. (There may be an additional fee to have fingerprints done.) Choose any of the following payment methods:
- Make a secure online credit card payment by going to childcarelicensing.utah.gov and clicking "Payments". A $2.00 processing fee will be charged per transaction. Payments will be processed on the following CCL business day.
- Mail or hand-deliver a check or money order payable to the "Utah Department of Health" to a CCL office.
- Hand-deliver cash in the exact amount to a CCL office. 4. When instructed by the provider to do so, have Live Scan (electronic) fingerprints done and electronically submitted to CCL:
- Complete a Live Scan Fingerprint Processing Form. Covered individuals involved with Alternative Care (Food Program) providers are to complete the Alternative Care/Food Program Live Scan Fingerprint Processing Form. Covered individuals involved with CCL providers (those regulated by Child Care Licensing) are to complete the Child Care Licensing (CCL) Live Scan Fingerprint Processing Form.
- Go to a police department, a public safety building, or another Live Scan Fingerprinting Location for live Scan fingerprints. (Be sure to check the hours of operation for the chosen location.)
- Present a valid government-issued photo identification and give the completed Live Scan Fingerprinting Authorization Form to the technician.
- Pay any required fees. Providers are responsible for ensuring the background check process is completed for each covered individual. To do this, the provider is to:
- Go to ccl.utah.gov and log in. For instructions to create a login, go to How to Create Your CCL Portal Login. If you have problems creating a CCL Portal Login, go to Accessing Child Care Licensing Portal Trouble Shooting Guide.
- Click "Background Checks".
- In the Pending Checks for Covered Individuals section, click "Authorize" after the name of the covered individual. 2. Ensure the required fees are paid.
- The $18.00 Background Check Fee is required for each covered individual EXCEPT those associated with Family, Friend, & Neighbor Approvals.
- The $33.25 Fingerprint Fee is required for each covered individual required to submit fingerprints. (There may be additional fee to have fingerprints done.) Any of the following payment methods may be used:
- A secure online credit card payment made by going to childcarelicensing.utah.gov and clicking "Payments". A $2.00 processing fee will be charged per transaction. Payments will be processed on the following CCL business day.
- A check or money order payable to the "Utah Department of Health" mailed or hand-delivered to a CCL office.
- Cash in the exact amount hand-delivered to a CCL office. 3. When required, ensure fingerprints are submitted to CCL. If you have questions or concerns regarding these steps, the Background Check Form, or the background check procedure, call the Office of Background Processing & Security at 866-320-0513 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LICENSING IS THE FOUNDATION FOR QUALITY!
1. Ensure the Background Check Form is authorized through the Child Care Licensing Portal. Forms are not submitted to CCL until they are authorized. To do this, the provider or authorized individual is to: