HOW TO RECEIVE AN INITIAL DWS CHILD CARE APPROVALTo be eligible for child care payments from DWS, you need a current Child Care License or Residential Certificate or a DWS Child Care Approval. Below are the steps to receive an initial DWS Child Care Approval. 1. READ THE DWS CHILD CARE PROVIDER REQUIREMENTS. These are the requirements for receiving and maintaining a DWS Child Care Approval. Click here for the requirements.
2. SUBMIT A COMPLETED APPLICATION. Click here to complete and submit the application.
3. SUBMIT A COMPLETED BACKGROUND SCREENING FORM. This form must be printed, completed, and then faxed, emailed, or mailed. Click here for the form.
4. READ THE INFORMATION IN THE NEW PROVIDER ORIENTATION PACKET. This includes an explanation of inspections, facts about the payment process, and information for the health and safety of children in care. Click here for the packet.
5. SUBMIT YOUR ANSWERS TO THE NEW PROVIDER ORIENTATION TEST. After you read the information in the New Provider Orientation packet, complete the New Provider Orientation test. You must score at least a 90% on this test. Click here to complete and submit the test.
6. HAVE AN ON-SITE INSPECTION OF THE HOME WHERE CARE WILL BE PROVIDED. After your completed application is received, a Licensing Specialist will contact you with the date and time of this inspection. You must be in compliance with all regulations at this inspection and/or at a follow-up inspection. Click here for the Health and Safety Regulations.
You must have a current First Aid certification and a current CPR certification. The First Aid certification can be from any First Aid class. The CPR certification must be from a Red Cross, American Heart, or equivalent class that included hands-on testing. Click here for contact information for First Aid and CPR classes. You can also call your local Care About Child Care Agency for information about First Aid and CPR classes. Click here for contact information for the Care About Child Care agencies.
Need help paying for your First Aid and/or CPR class? You can be reimbursed for half of the cost of your First Aid/CPR class (up to 50 dollars). Click here for the First Aid and CPR Reimbursement Application.