ONLINE COMPLAINT PROCESS
- Please read all of the following information before proceeding:
- It is important for you to complete all sections of this form so your complaint can be fully evaluated. If a particular section does not apply to your situation, simply write "N/A" (not applicable) in the space.
- By statute, the Department is not allowed to investigate an anonymous complaint. The statute also does not allow us to investigate complaints that allege incidents which occurred more than 6 weeks prior to the report of the incidents.
- If you wish to file a complaint by phone, please contact our North Region or South Region office (Contact Information), or call (801) 273-2895. Licensing hours are Monday through Friday (except legal holidays) from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Once your complaint is reviewed, you may be contacted by someone from Child Care Licensing if more information is needed.
- To report possible child abuse or neglect, please call the Child Abuse Intake Hotline at 1-855-323-3237.
By submitting a complaint, you acknowledge that the information you submit is accurate. If a person knowingly gives false information to Child Care Licensing for the purposes of changing the status of a child care license or certificate, the person giving the false information may be guilty of a Class B Misdemeanor. This does not mean that it is necessary for you to be able to "prove" that the allegation being made is true, only that you do not knowingly give false information in your complaint.