Welcome to the Utah Child Care Licensing Program!
Vision: Access to safe, healthy child care for Utah families.
Mission:To support working parents by protecting the health and safety of children in child care programs we oversee. This is accomplished by:
- Establishing and assessing health and safety standards.
- Training and supporting providers in meeting the established standards.
- Providing the public with accurate information about these child care programs.
LICENSING IS THE FOUNDATION FOR QUALITY!
WHAT'S NEW? ...AND MORE.
- Upcoming Committee Meetings
- The next Residential Advisory Committee meeting is January 11, 2018 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am. The next Center Licensing Committee meeting is Jamuary 11, 2018 from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm. Both meetings will be in the auditorium of the Highland Plaza Building on 3760 S Highland Dr in Salt Lake City.
- Annual Background Check Fee
- Effective July 1, 2017, the annual background check fee will change from $15.00 to $18.00. This is based on a decision made by the legislature during this year's legislative session.
- Annual Immunization Assessment Report
- All licensed and certified providers are required to submit their Annual Immunization Report by November 30, 2017. A letter, instructions for how to submit the report, and instruction to fill out the Utah School Innunization Record (USIR) were sent to all providers.
- Secure Furniture and TVs
- Every 30 minutes tipped furniture or a falling TV sends an injured child to the emergency room. Preventing tip-over accidents is easy, inexpensive, and takes only 5 minutes. Learn more. . .