Welcome to the Utah Child Care Licensing Program!
Vision: Access to safe, healthy child care for Utah families.
Mission:To support working parents by protecting the health and safety of children in child care programs we oversee. This is accomplished by:
- Establishing and assessing health and safety standards.
- Training and supporting providers in meeting the established standards.
- Providing the public with accurate information about these child care programs.
LICENSING IS THE FOUNDATION FOR QUALITY!
WHAT'S NEW? ...AND MORE.
- Public Comments for Proposed New Center and Home Rules
- Learn more . . .
- Annual Background Screening Fee
- Effective July 1, 2017, the annual background screening fee will change from $15.00 to $18.00. This is based on a decision made by the legislature during this year's legislative session.
- Next Generation Fingerprints
- To be eligible for money from DWS (this includes child care subsidy payments and CCDF grants and awards), all Covered Individuals 18-years-old and older and all 16 and 17-year-old Covered Individuals who are assistant caregivers must have Next Generation fingerprints by September 1, 2017. CCL started doing Next Generation fingerprints on March 23, 2016. So, those required individuals who had fingerprints processed on or after March 23, 2016 do not have to re-submit fingerprints. Individuals not previously required to submit fingerprints and individuals whose fingerprints were processed before March 23, 2016 must re-submit fingerprints and the $37.00 fingerprint processing fee no later than September 1, 2017. You can email Joan Isom at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 801-273-2859 with any questions.
- Secure Furniture and TVs
- Every 30 minutes tipped furniture or a falling TV sends an injured child to the emergency room. Preventing tip-over accidents is easy, inexpensive, and takes only 5 minutes. Learn more. . .