Home Provider Training

We have two trainers who teach classes for providers and caregivers.

Kathleen Sanders teaches the classes in the northern part of the state. You can contact Kathleen at 801-698-3244 or ksanders@utah.gov.

Joyce Hasting teaches the classes in the southern part of the state. You can contact Joyce at 801-828-8497 or jhasting@utah.gov.

All classes are free. Completion of a New Home Provider class is a requirement to get a new family license and to get a new Residential Certificate. Completion of classes in the licensing rules can count toward the required training hours and topics.

Due to changes in federal laws, all providers and caregivers are required to have training in new topics. The 2016 Required Federal Topics classes cover all these topics.

Training Information

For information about the Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Reauthorization, go http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/occ/ccdf-reauthorization

For information about First Aid and CPR classes, you can contact your local Care About Child Care agency. You can find contact information for Care About Child Care agencies by going to: Care About Child Care Contact Information

For information about Child Care Professional Development Institute and Utah's Career Ladder Program for child care providers, go to: ccpdi.usu.edu

For information about a CDA credential, go to: www.cdacouncil.org

For information about a CCP credential, go to:

For information about a NAC credential, contact Johnny Anderson at:
   johnny@abcgreatbeginnings.com or 801-205-7574

For information about on-line college degrees and programs, go to:
discover business degrees