Modifications to Meaningful Use for 2015-2017
(Updated May 2016)
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) published modifications to Meaningful Use for 2015 through 2017, effective December 15, 2015.
|UDOH Meaningful Use Public Health Program Readiness|
|Public Health Reporting Measure||Stage 1||Modified Stage 2||Data Reporting Standards (hyperlinks)|
|Immunization Registry Reporting||N/A||Ready for active engagement and accepts data.||File Specifications: HL7 2.5.1|
|Syndromic Surveillance Reporting||N/A||Ready for active engagement and accepts data.||File Specifications: HL7 2.5.1|
|Specialized Registry Reporting:
Cancer Registry Reporting
No other UDOH specialized registries accept data for Meaningful Use.
|N/A||Ready for active engagement and accepts data.||File Specifications: HL7 CDA|
|Electronic Laboratory Reporting (ELR)||N/A||Ready for active engagement and accepts data.||File Specifications: HL7 2.5.1|
An Eligible Professional (EP), Eligible Hospital (EH) or Critical Access Hospital (CAH) must demonstrate active engagement for Modified Stage 2 by demonstrating any of the following:
- EP/EH/CAH facility has registered to submit data.
Testing and Validation
- EP/EH/CAH facility is in the process of testing and validating electronic submission of data.
- EP/EH/CAH facility has completed testing and validation and is electronically submitting production data.
How to Proceed
If you have already registered and want a status update, please contact the individual(s) listed in the Questions section below for the applicable Utah public health program(s).
Register intent. Use the following button to register intent for Meaningful Use Modified Stage 2. Important Note: Do not register more than once for each Stage.
After the UDOH receives your online registration, you will be contacted and given information about next steps for each reporting measure for which you registered.
The “Meaningful Use Contact Person” listed on the registration form will be the point of contact for all communications from the UDOH. Please make sure this person is ready to respond to the UDOH communications within 30 days–via phone or email.
Meaningful Use Resources
- CDC Cancer Registry Reporting- Meaningful Use Stage 2
- Utah Medicaid EHR Incentive Program
- CMS FAQ #12985 on Public Health Reporting
- Utah Medicaid HIT/EHR Hotline 1-801-538-6929 or send email to EHRIncentive@utah.gov
- The Utah Department of Health supported the creation of the Utah Clinical Health Information Exchange (cHIE). Data for some public health measures may be reported through the cHIE. Learn more about using cHIE for public health reporting at: http://mychie.org/.
If—after you have reviewed this information and cited material—you have questions regarding MU Public Health Agency Reporting, please contact the individuals identified in the links above for each public health program.
Cancer Registry Reporting:
Electronic Laboratory Reporting: