The OHV and its advisory committee advocates for support for evidence-based home visiting (EBHV) programs by underscoring the important role of home visiting in a service delivery system; providing education about the effectiveness of EBHV programs and the cost savings potential to intervene early.
The Office of Home Visiting Advisory Committee meets once a month to advise the Office of Home Visiting on issues related to child maltreatment prevention and research-based home visiting.
The Advisory Committee supports the OHV by:
- Developing and strengthening program linkages
- Increase local support and funding for EBHV programs
- Provide information and feedback on OHV activities
- Identifying vision, mission, and values
- Monitoring progress toward goals, according to strategic plans
- The Advisory Committee member list (updated as of 04/24/2014)