About the Utah Birth Defect Network
The Utah Birth Defect Network began in 1994 by monitoring neural tube defects. Additional birth defects were added in 1995 and again in 1997. With additional funding from CDC (Centers of Disease Control), the Birth Defect Network began monitoring all major birth defects in 1999.
Activities of the Birth Defect Network:
If you have questions, or would like more information, please contact us.
- Monitor the occurrence of birth defects in Utah
- Assess trends over time
- Address community concerns
- Examine clustering of birth defects
- Quantify morbidity and mortality
- Health services planning
- Referral for services
- Monitor intervention strategies
- Secondary prevention
- Consumer education and advocacy
- Health care provider education
Utah Birth Defect Network