Agency hours are 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Media Reporting Resources
- Recommendations for Reporting on Suicides guidance and examples of appropriate suicide news stories.
- Action Alliance Framework for Successful Messaging is a research-based resource that outlines four critical issues to consider when messaging to the public about suicide.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Guidelines for Reporting on Suicides
- Social Media Guidelines for Mental Health Promotion and Suicide Prevention provides tips for communicating about mental health and suicide on social media to reduce stigma, increase help seeking behavior, and help prevent suicide.
News Releases and Advisories
Awards and Recognition
- 2017 Innovative Initiative Award from the Safe States Alliance
- 2012 Kind Remembrance Award from the Caring Connections grief program for the teen memorial booklets
- 2012 Innovative Initiative Award from the Safe States Alliance
- 2012 Innovations in Health Education Award for the 2010 All They Left Were Memories: Stories of teen lives lost on Utah's roads memoriam. Presented by the Health Education Association of Utah
- “Excellence in Collecting the Most Timely and Complete Violent Death Data” for 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010 presented to the Utah Violent Death Reporting System by the CDC
- Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs Best Practices for the Zero Fatalities: Sixteen Reasons Why Zero is the Only Acceptable Number memorial booklet
- 2009 AASHTO President's Award for Highway Traffic Safety presented to the Utah Teen Driving Task Force by the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
- 2009 Silver Award from the 16th Annual National Health Information Awards competition for the Zero Fatalities: Sixteen Reasons Why Zero is the Only Acceptable Number memorial booklet
- 2009 Public Health Hero Award from the Utah Public Health Association for the Zero Fatalities: Sixteen Reasons Why Zero is the Only Acceptable Number memorial booklet
- 2010 Bureau of Health Promotion Success Story Booklet - read examples of successful projects at the Utah Department of Health, including those relating to violence and injury prevention