- Expand the pediatric knowledge base of Utah's pre-hospital providers by offering PALS and PEPP classes to meet all requests.
- Ensure pediatric education requirements are written into the State of Utah EMS Requirements for EMT and AEMT.
- Partnering with Highway Safety Office and PCMC to determine the best way to create and provide materials for EMS Coordinators to teach and disseminate.
- Define ways to implement family centered care.
- Working on better ways to communicate and distribute pediatric education throughout the state.
- Developing partnerships with other agencies to provide regional training.
- Pediatric Strike Teams will be adding two respiratory therapists and two physicians to the team and are working to update equipment.
National EMSC Goal Statement
The Emergency Medical Services for Children (EMSC) Program aims to ensure that emergency medical care for the ill and injured child or adolescent is well integrated into an emergency medical service system. We work to ensure that the system is backed by optimal resources and that the entire spectrum of emergency services (prevention, acute care, and rehabilitation) is provided to children and adolescents, no matter where they live, attend school or travel. We do this by,
- Developing and disseminating education to address top education needs of EMS Providers in the state of Utah.
- Developing solid partnerships with other agencies, hospitals, and organizations to further the goals of the EMSC programs.
- Training EMSC Coordinators to increase their skill level so they can provide hands-on skill practice to EMS Providers in their counties.
- Sharing findings with the EMSC Advisory Committee and partners to integrate educational efforts.
Utah EMSC Goal Statement
The Utah EMSC program aims to promote an integrated EMS and Trauma Response system to reduce the morbidity and mortality of Utah's and the Intermountain region's pediatric population by working in partnership with Primary Children's Medical Center to,
- Promote and support injury prevention,
- Deliver culturally competent training, and
- Conduct performance improvement activities for communities and health care providers.
The following pages provide EMSC resources for:
Questions? Contact Jolene Whitney, email@example.com or 801-273-6665.
Updated February 27, 2015