Resource Hospital Application
As directed in Utah Code Title 26 Chapter 8a section 250, the Bureau has established and actively supervises a statewide trauma system to:
- promote optimal care for trauma patients;
- alleviate unnecessary death and disability from trauma and emergency illness;
- inform health care providers about trauma system capabilities;
- encourage the efficient and effective continuum of patient care, including prevention, prehospital care, hospital care, and rehabilitative care; and
- minimize the overall cost of trauma care.
Trauma System Advisory Committee (TSAC)
As directed in Utah Code Title 26 Chapter 8a section 251, the Trauma System Advisory Committee advises the Bureau regarding trauma system needs throughout the state of Utah.
These pages provide the following Utah trauma system information:
- Trauma Centers: Map and list of designated trauma centers, plus information about becoming a designated trauma center.
- Performance Improvement: Information about Utah's Trauma Performance Improvement/Patient Safety (U-TPIPS) project.
- Resources: Trauma triage guidelines, data reports, and trauma registry.
Questions? Contact Jolene Whitney at email@example.com or 801-273-6665.
Updated February 27, 2015