Hepatitis C is a contagious liver disease caused by contact with the blood of an infected person. Anyone can get Hepatitis C, and an infection can last a lifetime, leading to serious liver problems including liver scarring and cancer. Symptoms develop slowly and include loss of appetite, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, yellowing of the skin and eyes. It is extremely contagious and can be spread by people who have no symptoms.
Utah Department of Health Viral Hepatitis Program Hepatitis C Outreach Program 2021-2022
Request for Proposal
The Utah Department of Health Viral Hepatitis Program (VHP) is soliciting proposals from organizations that are working on hepatitis C education, outreach, testing, and linkage to care activities. The main purpose of this RFP is to enhance the capacity of community organizations to conduct hepatitis C (HCV) education, outreach, testing, and linkage to care activities in their local communities. The emphasis of this RFP is focused on vulnerable populations, rural communities, and supporting activities at the local level to advance the priority areas outlined below:
- Increase access to HCV testing, linkage to care, and treatment in high-impact settings
- Conduct outreach activities to increase HCV education and prevention in high-impact settings
- Increase access to syringe exchange, SUD treatment, and hepatitis A and B vaccination in high-impact settings
High-impact settings may include but are not limited to syringe service providers (SSPs), homeless outreach organizations, substance use treatment centers, correctional facilities, emergency departments, hospitals, and sexually transmitted disease clinics, and other community settings serving persons with a high prevalence of hepatitis C.
The UDOH will be offering grants for a period of ten (10) months. One to ten awards will be given ranging from $10,000 to $350,000 each.
Click here for more information.
Information for the General Public
Information for Public Health Departments
Information for Clinicians/Healthcare Professionals
- Clinician Guidelines
- CDC STD Treatment Guidelines
- Hepatitis C Information for Healthcare Professionals - CDC
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Mayo Clinic
- MedLine Plus
- U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs
- Utah Hepatitis C Resource Guide - Web View Version Updated September 2020
- Utah Hepatitis C Resource Guide - Print Version Updated September 2020
(To print booklet: print out pages one-sided, then reverse every other page 180 degrees, copy 1-to-2 sided, fold down the middle and staple)