Medicaid Program Now Accepting Applications for 100 New Participants
What: The Utah Department of Health (UDOH) Medically Complex Children’s Waiver will open enrollment today and accept applications until Wednesday, May 31. This program is intended to serve children with disabilities and complex medical conditions, providing them access to respite services, as well as traditional Medicaid services.
Why: The UDOH has determined that current program funding will support an additional 100 children. Children currently participating in the program will not need to re-apply.
Who: In order to qualify for this program, a child must:
- Be age 0-18
- Have three or more specialty physicians
- Have three or more organ systems involvement
- Demonstrate a level of medical complexity based on a combination of need for device-based supports, high utilization of medical therapies, and treatments and frequent need for medical intervention
- Not meet age appropriate milestones for their activities of daily living, including eating, toileting, dressing, bathing, and mobility
- Have a disability determined by the State Medical Review Board
When: The program will accept applications from May 1 through May 31. Applicants will not be selected on a first-come-first-served basis. Once the application period ends, if more applications are received than spots available, UDOH clinical staff will review the applications and base entrance into the program on the highest medical complexity and critical needs of the family, as identified through the application process.
Where: Apply online at www.health.utah.gov/ltc/mccw or print an application and submit by fax (801-323-1593) or by mail (UDOH, Medically Complex Children’s Waiver, DMHF, PO Box 143112, Salt Lake City, UT 84114). To be considered for the program, applications must be received or post-marked on or before Friday, May 31.
# # #