What: Utah’s Primary Care Network (PCN) will open enrollment today. PCN is a primary preventive health coverage plan for uninsured adults. Benefits include physician services, prescriptions, dental services, eye exams, emergency room visits, birth control, and general preventive services.
Why: Since August 2017, PCN has not accepted new applications for adults without dependent children. Beginning today, all uninsured Utah adults may apply online, by mail, or in person to receive primary health care.
Who: Adults who meet the following requirements may apply:
- Age 19 through 64
- U.S. citizens or legal residents
- Not covered by other health insurance
- Meet income guidelines (e.g., a family of 4 with a maximum income of $23,376 per year)
- Not qualified for Medicaid
- Have no access to Medicare or Veterans benefits
- Have no access to student health insurance (as full-time students)
When: PCN will accept applications for all adults from February 1-28, 2018. PCN enrollment for parents/caretaker relatives will stay open and accept applications at any time.
Where: Apply online at www.health.utah.gov/pcn or call the PCN hotline at 1-888-222-2542.
(o) 801-538-6847 (m) 801-231-6350