What: The Utah Department of Health (UDOH) will host a press conference and tour of the Pregnancy Risk Line call center to celebrate 35 years of service to Utah moms, babies, and healthcare providers. This service is one of the oldest and largest programs of its kind in the U.S.
Why: The UDOH MotherToBaby Utah Program (formerly known as the Pregnancy Risk Line) has served nearly 300,000 Utah moms and healthcare providers over the last 35 years. The program uses telephone, texting, online chat, and email to answer questions about exposures to medicines, drugs, chemicals, maternal illnesses, etc. during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Expert staff in teratology respond to 6,000-10,000 questions each year.
Who: Interviews available include:
- John Carey, Professor of Pediatrics, University of Utah Health and Medical Director, MotherToBaby Utah
- Al Romeo, Teratogen Information Specialist, Utah Department of Health
- Laura Shane-McWhorter, Professor Emeritus, Department of Pharmacotherapy, University of Utah
- Heidi Sylvester, Certified Midwife
- Paul Patrick, Division Director, Utah Department of Health
When: Friday, May 17, 2019
10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
A tour of the call center will begin promptly at 11:00 a.m.
Where: UDOH Highland Drive bldg.
3760 S. Highland Dr.
Salt Lake City, UT 84106
2nd floor lobby
# # #