Main Page /General Resources
This service provides an imperfect, computer-generated translation. The Utah Department of Health is not accountable for errors in translation.
- Baby Your Baby -
From financial help for prenatal care, to expert advice before, during and
after pregnancy, Baby Your Baby has the answers you are looking for.
- Check Your Health - Eat Healthy. Be Active. Check Your health offers free, no-nonsense suggestions to help you live a healthier life.
- Center for Multicultural Health - Provides health education materials in many languages to assist health professionals in communicating with people who don't speak English or have a low English proficiency.
- Utah Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention Program - information about how to prevent heart disease and stroke.
- Utahealthnet -Reliable
consumer health information for all Utah residents.
- Utah Department of Human Services
- Access information for living wills, caregiver
support and health insurance information on this site.
- Utah's Indicator Based Information System for Public Health (IBIS-PH) - Provides information on the health status of Utahns, the state of the health care system, and Utah public health activities.
Please be aware that any links to external Web sites are provided as a courtesy. They should not be construed as an endorsement by the Utah Health Data Committee. Click here to view the Utah Department of Health's disclaimer in its entirety.
- AARP Health Guide-
A new health information service that provides reliable, easy-to-use information
designed to help you take charge of your health.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)- Gateway to reliable health information and support for patients and families.
QualityTools For Patients and Consumers sponsored by the Agency for Healthcare
Research and Quality (AHRQ) - Find tools addressing
specific diseases and health conditions, recommendations for choosing
healthcare services, and resources to help you better communicate with
your healthcare provider.
- All Refer Health-
Health resource provides information and news on diseases and conditions.
- Alzheimer's Association-
Links to Alzhemer's research and support. It offers information, referral,
safety services, education and support groups.
Heart Association- National directory of resources
related to heart health and disease. Resources include medical information
- American Medical Association-
Links to consumer health information, info center, searchable database
of more than 650,000 U.S. physicians.
- A medical and health information resource including information in patient-friendly
language from trusted sources on over 1,500 health topics , 70 focused
health centers , and more than 11,000 drugs and medications.
- HealthSquare's Drug
Information Center- Provides consumer information,
including dosage, side effects, and warnings, for prescription medication.
An official U.S. government site where people can comparison shop the
plans and options of Medicare providers.
- MedicineNet- This is a commercial site -includes interactive groups, ask-the-doctor feature, medical dictionary, drug info, medical news and specific disease information.
- National Clearinghouse for Long-Term
Care Information -
A web site developed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to provide information and resources to help you and your family plan for future long-term care (LTC) needs.
- National Patient Safety Foundation - The National Patient Safety Foundation a resource for individuals and organizations committed to improving the safety of patients.
Stroke Association- Provides national expertise
and leadership for those at risk, suffering or recovering from a stroke.
- NIH Senior Health-
NIH Senior Health features authoritative and up-to-date health information
from Institutes and Centers at NIH.
- Personal Health Record - The site is a general information tool that takes people through a step-by-step process, providing an overview of personal health records (PHRs) and privacy rights and a guide to starting a record. The site also outlines what information belongs in a PHR—such as physicians, emergency contacts, family medical history, dates and results of medical procedures, allergies and prescribed and over-the-counter medications.
- RxList: The Internet Drug Index-
Search by either brand or generic drug name includes "patient information"
for consumers in addition to drug information for health care professionals.
- Seniorcarepharmacist- Find information on geriatrics, geriatric pharmacotherapy, and the unique medication-related needs of the senior population.